The church in efforts throughout history has had some confusion amongst it, amongst a history of efforts to comprehend the religion, a great damage was done to its truth from “The Bible Revision Committee of 1871” which tried to grow a belief that Jesus and God were the same person.
On this page we will look at real evidence and the truth, best we can find of it, to fix any damage that has been done to what we have available to trust as good and religious.
While my most basic suggestion upon this is to trust the root religion Judaism, as that is where its basics stems from and was the religion of Jesus himself.
Below I will post some Bible and Tanakh verse art I made as a reminder and after we will read a news article about how and when the Bible was rewritten by people whom basically were made to vow that they believed Jesus was God, all the while they also attempted to cause others to believe the same, and let us not forget the bible verse MATTHEW 3:17 that separates God and Jesus as 2 different people.
And lo a voice (The Father) from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Here below is the art to remind you what we are talking about, which is the danger that God forbids the Tree of life in Genesis 3:22 and yet in the book of Revelations which was based upon a mans dream Jesus offers the tree of life to loyal followers, this is quite a disagreement with the 2 books and if God forbids the tree of life Jesus does not have authority to offer it.
Okay so we know in Genesis 3:22 God forbids the touching also eating of the tree of life.
So one of the reasons its so dangerous for these people to get others to believe Jesus is God is because they then assert Jesus has the same authority as God which would allow the deception of a Jesus to offer the tree of life, even though the real God forbids it in Genesis 3:22.
This is one reason why it is important we as Christians and Jews known the difference between the Father and the Son, they are not the same person.
Okay now lets take a look at a news article about the bible revision committee of 1871 that efforted to cause people to believe Jesus and God were the same person, even though Matthew 3:17 states God and Jesus are 2 separate people.
Here below is a link to the site and a quote of the article found there.
“The Revision Committee of 1871 1885
In February 1870, a motion to consider a revision of the King James Version was passed by the Convocation of the Providence of Canterbury.
• Two committees were selected with 27 scholars each for the New and Old Testaments.
• The New Testament committee met 407 days over a period of 11 years. The New Testament was released May 17, 1881.
• The Old Testament committee met 792 days over a period of 15 years. The Old Testament was released May 19, 1885. English and American scholars joined together in this revision. Some of the English scholars included: Dr. Fenton J.A. Hort, Brooke Foss Westcott, G. Vance Smith and J.B. Lightfoot.
On this committee a statement of faith was set:
One of the statements included that no member could be on the committee if they rejected the deity of Christ (that Jesus was God in the flesh). When the revision committee started there were not enough corrections to update the King James. The committee decided not to use the Majority Text, which had been used for centuries. Instead they used manuscripts which were contrary to the King James. These manuscripts would later be the foundation of all modern versions excluding the N.K.J.V.
Unlike the translators of the King James, the revisers did their work a little differently.
1) The Old Testament committee met together and sat as one body secretly throughout the translation period which lasted 10 years. The New Testament committee did the same.
2) Each committee was left at the mercy of a determined leader to lead the weak and to dominate the rest.
3) No one from the outside was allowed to be a part of the translation.
4) All reports indicate that an “iron rule of silence” was imposed upon the revisers until the completion of the work.
5) At the completion of the work, the revisors had altered the Greek text in 5,337 places.
6) During the revision, ninety percent of the divisions that arose from the New Testament committee were caused by Hort’s determination that the New Testament Greek be based on the Codex Vaticanus (B).
Let’s take a closer look at some of the men on the revision committee who were responsible for the changes that were made.
Fenton J.A. Hort – (1828 1892) Hort graduated from Cambridge, as did his partner in crime Westcott, as well as Charles Darwin, who mightily influenced Hort in the area of Creation. Later, it can be assumed that both Hort and Westcott became Theistic Evolutionists (the belief that God used Evolution to create the heavens and the earth), a popular theory which is held by many scholars today. In Matthew 7:20, Jesus said, “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”
The following is just some of Hort’s fruit:
1. While he was only 23 years old, Hort referred to the Received Text as “villainous and vile”. By his own confession, he had at the time read little of the Greek N.T. and knew nothing of Texts and nothing of Hebrew. His hatred was based on the false assumption that Textus Receptus was based only on late Manuscripts.
2. Hort writes to Westcott, October 17, 1865: “I have been persuaded for many years that Mary worship and Jesus worship have very much in common in their causes and their results.”
3. Hort rejected the Blood Atonement of Christ.
4. In 1851, Hort joined the “Philosophical Society” in which he spent much of his time reading the works of Plato and Aristotle, this later influenced him in his study of the Scriptures.
5. Hort rejected the infallibility of the Holy Scriptures overwhelmingly in a letter to Lightfoot written in 1871.
6. In the same year, Hort joined the New Testament Revision Committee (1871). He was asked by the Bishop of Ely’s to be a chaplin. When he replied to the Bishop, he admitted of his disbelief of the Scriptures, as well as the Blood Atonement and other doctrines and in spite of all this he was still hired as chaplain. For the next six years he lectured at Emmanuel College. The subjects were Origen…Clement of Alexandria …etc.
7. Even Hort’s mother, who was a strong Christian for many years, tried to get her son to realize the error of his ways. This later caused a barrier between them.
8. Hort’s purpose It is almost universally affirmed by modern scholarship that Hort’s greatest and enduring achievement was to dethrone or kill the Textus Receptus.
Brooke Foss Westcott – (1825-1901) Westcott was one of the leaders of the Revision Committee along with Hort. Much that is said of Hort, can also be said of Westcott.
1. Westcott, at the age of 15, took an interest in Mormanism and started studying the Book of Morman. Two years later he went on to become a wizard.
2. In 1845, at the age 20, Westcott along with Hort, started a club in which they named the “Hermes” club. It is here where they practiced the occult. Even it’s name had pagan origins.
3. One year after the club started Westcott was interested in metaphysics. In that same year, he refers to evangelicals as “dangerous and unsound.”
4. In 1870 Westcott loses his voice and is bearly understandable.
5. Westcott referred to his Bible (R.S.V.) and his faith as a mere compromise.
G. Vance Smith
1. A Unitarian scholar who also denied the Deity of Christ, as well as the inspiration of scripture was allowed to be included on the New Testament Committee.
2. When others complained about his appointment, both Hort and Westcott as well as Bishop Thirlwall, threatened to resign if he (Smith) left.
3. We can only assume that these men denied the Deity of Christ as well. Some would think that Smith would have compromised his principles to be on the revision committee, but Vance Smith received Holy Communion with fellow revisors in Westminster Abbey on June 22, 1870. It is said that afterwards he did not join in reciting the Nicene Creed (the creed states that Jesus Christ is God the Son) and did not compromise his principles as a Unitarian.
Served on the American Standard Version committee. He was also a Unitarian. In the publishers introduction of Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon, page VIII, it is cited that:
1. Thayer denied the Trinity
2. Considered Christ as a mere man
3. The Holy Spirit was a force emanating from God.
4. Rejected the sinful condition of man, eternal punishment of the wicked and Biblical inerrancy. His work indicated that, “one did not need Christ as a Savior, but only as an example.”
It is interesting to see that there was another scholar on the English revision committee by the name of Dr. F.H.A. Scrivener who told of numerous omissions, 5,337 to be exact. He stated how the abuse men took liberties in changing the word of God.
“But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” 2 Cor. 11:3
In other words, he made her question God’s word. Did God really say that? Through doubt, which led to her disbelief, which led to her sin it affected the world to come.
In the New International Version, as well as other versions, many times either in the footnotes or even in the scriptures they say, “The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have…”. One of these places is Mark16:9 20 which deals with the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Many of the people responsible, either in writing the modern versions or manuscripts themselves, were written by some of those who did not believe that Jesus rose from the dead. Some of these were Hort, Westcott, Smith, Origen, etc…
One could think that if Mark did not really record it, maybe the others didn’t either. Maybe Christ was not raised from the dead at all. Some of the manuscripts that the modern versions are based on, mainly three, were believed to be influenced by Origen who was considered by many to be a heretic.
Many times I have been in churches where a portion of scripture is being read and total “confusion” comes over the congregation because their Bible does not say that.
How about you’re Bible? Do some investigation on your own.”
That is the end to the article.
I am posting this here in hopes to help our all family know the truth, in as helpful and beneficial in a way as I can.
Here below are notes on what is important from all this.
In Genesis 2:17 God forbids touching also eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
In Genesis 3:22 God forbids touching also eating from the tree of life.
In Matthew 3:17 God separates himself and Jesus as 2 different people, one as (God) the Father, one as (Jesus) the Son.
Jesus does not have authority to give anyone the tree of life if God (The Father) forbids it.
Genesis discredits the book of Revelations giving evidence Revelations lacks quality and is dangerous.
When in doubt trust Judaism.